Join us on sample date
As you get yourself ready for the Ride, an important part of that preparation is fundraising. This event is the major fundraising activity for Anchor House. Essentially, the Ride’s success is critical to the future of Anchor House. So every dollar helps.
Each walker/runner is asked to walk 100 miles and raise $2.00 a mile ($200).
Each cyclist is asked to bike 500 miles and raise $750.00
- Ask your friends, family and co-workers. Pick up the phone, send an email or write a letter.
- Use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube (or any other social media you can think of).
Talk about why you are walking—and ask them to consider a gift. Share a link to your online fundraising page (see next section to learn how to set this up).
- If a donor prefers to give you an offline gift, have them complete this form.
- If you collect donations (checks) use this form to record them.
HOW DO I SET UP MY ONLINE FUNDRAISING SITE?
- It’s easy!
- Register as an Individual (solo).
- If you want to be part of a team you can always join a team later.
- You’ll need to provide your email address and create a password the first time.
- Now the fun part starts! Upload photos and personalize your page, however you’d like. Reach out to your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter and more.
- Now you are up and running! Share your page on Facebook and Twitter, and send out your emails.
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS TO HELP YOUR PAGE STANDOUT!
- Customize the text and the photo on your page to express your purpose. Adding your photo and personal tidbits helps your page stand out from the crowd.
- Tell why you’re participating in this challenge—why it’s important to YOU.
- Use the online tools to send emails to your friends, family and co-workers, post your page on Facebook,
NOT SURE WHAT TO SAY TO SUPPORTERS? USE THE FOLLOWING SAMPLE MESSAGE:
I have accepted the Challenge to raise $200 for Anchor House as part of this year’s Virtual Walk. Anchor House's mission is to provide
a safe haven where abused, runaway, homeless and at risk youth and their families are empowered to succeed and thrive.
I am proud to help and "walk" or bike for Anchor House this year—as they work to provide shelter, services, and support to our most vulnerable population.
Please support me in raising money for this organization! You can write a check or donate on line using this link <insert the link from your fundraising page>. Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure.
Many thanks for your support—and please forward this to others who might want to donate, too!
<insert your name>
MATCHING GIFTS INFORMATION:
Donors can go here to see if their company will match.
Many companies will match employee gifts. Ask all of your donors to see if their employer offers a matching gift program. These can easily increase your donations.
EASY STEPS TO FOLLOW:
1) Ask donor through your initial letter or after receiving donation to check if their employer or partner's employer offers a matching gift plan.
2) The donor will need to complete an online or paper form to start the process.
3) The donor should include "Anchor House Foundation" as the recipient.
4) Forms must be complete—Anchor House Foundation, Inc., PO Box 2357, Trenton, NJ 08607
Contact person, Kathy Drulis (609) 278-9495, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website is www.anchorhouseride.org
Tax ID is 22-2898173.
5) Completed forms should either be done online or sent to address above.
6) All donations must be paid before the matching gift process is completed.